Akvo is looking for a UX/UI/Data visualization developer to take on a key role in ensuring our open-source data platform has the best user-driven design. As part of our team, you will mainly contribute to our data collection, visualization, and analysis of technical solutions. You will be part of the development team with most team members distributed geographically across Europe, South Asia, and Southeast Asia. Working closely with the design team, you will report to the team lead.
At Akvo, we boost the impact of development programs through data services and tech solutions. With a team of data and development experts and a proven methodology, we help governments and non-governmental organizations become data-driven so that they can improve the results of their programs and achieve sustainable change, for all.
but just before you scroll to the responsibilities, ensure you do the following things first if you have never done them before:-
- Click on the bell icon on the bottom right of this page and confirm the action to receive new online job alerts the very first person always.
- Join our telegram channel by clicking the blue-button above this page.
- If you find this article to be of great value, show love by sharing it on your social media accounts. To do this, click on any of the floating social media icons on this page.
- Finally, click here to join our email list and remember to ask a friend to also join our list.
Great, below are the responsibilities for the advertised position. Read through to see details.
- Combine the proven skills of an experienced UX/UI designer with a love of data to develop top-notch sustainable technology solutions
- Liaise frequently with our technical solutions team and our partners
- Design user-facing features and work together with team to ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX
- Play a central role in pushing the design of the Akvo open source data platform, including mentoring junior frontend developers
- Work closely with our product managers and lead designer to grow concepts through design exploration, ideation and user validation
- Analyse tasks, model information, navigation and task flows using UX best practices for web and mobile
Together with our diverse team, you are driven to create quality technical solutions that enhance Akvo’s impact. You are able to figure things out yourself but know when to involve the rest of the team. You always keep pushing to understand why certain things are the way they are or what the root cause of a problem is while being willing to learn and help us stay at the forefront of current technologies. You do not shy away from complexity and unknowns, you take initiative, and you understand how to split things up in clever ways, so we ship step-by-step and learn from it quickly.
- Able to understand and translate business requirements into high-quality UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes
- Comfortable with a lean approach to UX
- Able to clearly present and argue your approach to stakeholders
- Able to conduct interview sessions
- Exceptional attention to detail, strong design thinking skills and a drive for improving user experience
- Familiar with tools of the trade like Figma or Adobe XD
- Familiar with data storytelling and data visualisation
- Understanding of typography and colour theory
- Overall knowledge of the latest web and mobile UI patterns
- Able to convert a user and solutions requirements into design with a functional semantic markup
- Able to work independently with a willingness to work and contribute to a remote team
What we offer
- This assignment is a commitment of 40 hours/week for a period of 1 year and can be extended afterwards.
- Opportunity to contribute to the design of a growing open source platform and work with interesting technologies in a creative and entrepreneurial environment together with highly motivated colleagues.
- A unique chance to work with tools that contribute to achieving higher efficiency and better results for the development aid sector.
- You will be part of our international Akvo community, with colleagues all over the world.
- A competitive salary in line with the market.
For this position, we are open for applicants located in most locations, with a preference for those located in the East Africa region. Preferably you’ll be based within a maximum of 2 hours difference of the Central European Time zone.
How to apply for the Akvo UX/UI/Data visualisation developer job
Send your portfolio, motivation letter and resume in English in PDF to Karen Blanken via firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application UX/UI/Data visualization developer”, or apply via our website: akvo.org/join-our-team/. The closing date for this application is July 15th, 2021.
Important parts of our site
If you’re just starting out, then we highly recommend that you check out the following areas of our site:
- Blazona Meditation -The Instant “Money Meditation” top marketers use to draw wealth to themselves. (top secrets revealed).
- Blazona Blog – The central place for all our recommended business ideas, money-making methods, and legit online jobs.
- Blazona Videos – New to online business? Watch these Assorted mentorship guides to keep you rolling.
- Blazona Forex trading 101 – Everything you need to know about successful forex trading.
- Blazona Deals – Exclusive discounts on products and services you may need to simplify your working.
We hope that you found this job alert on Akvo UX/UI/Data visualization developer helpful.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more smart methods to make money. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook. If you prefer receiving our updates through emails, then click here to join the Blazona email list.
Also, the fastest way to receive alerts on the latest online jobs and smart money-making opportunities from Blazona daily is by either clicking on the bell icon at the bottom right of this page and confirm the action or Joining our telegram channel @Blazona