Title: Senior Accountant
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Senior Accountant is responsible for preparing Units annual budgets for recurrent and development votes; preparing quarterly expenditure forecast for the Council’s discussions; monitoring expenditure on projects and programs on a periodic basis, and implementing proposals for raising funds; processing commitment of funds and expenditure trends.
but just before you scroll down to apply, ensure you do the following things first if you have never done them before:-
- Click on the bell icon on the bottom right of this page and confirm the action to receive new online job alerts in the very first person always.
- Join our telegram channel by clicking the blue-button above this page.
- If you find this article to be of great value, show love by sharing it on your social media accounts. To do this, click on any of the floating social media icons on this page.
- Finally, click here to join our email list and remember to ask a friend to also join our list.
Great, below are details of the advertised position. Read through to see details.
- Participate in the development and implementation of sound financial policies and procedures in line with GoK and IPSAS Standards;
- Facilitate the development and implementation of sound and effective accounting systems as well as a proper system of internal controls
- Ensure proper accounting for special funds, programs and projects; iv. Ensure timely and accurate preparation of budgets, implement appropriate budgetary controls, monitor and report variances. i.e. ensure proper costing of Institution’s activities;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and reports in an accurate and timely manner;
- Posting, updating, and maintaining of general ledger to ensure accuracy and completeness of key accounting data and books of accounts;
- Conduct monthly bank reconciliation and ensure that all non-reconciling items are addressed in a timely manner;
- Supervise petty cash float and operation of petty cash reimbursement system; ix. Liaise with external auditors during annual audit and follow-up recommendations of internal audit findings and respond to management letters and audit queries; x. Compile tax reports/ returns, ensuring that these are submitted in a timely manner to the relevant authorities;
- Supervision, development, and assessment of the performance of staff under him/her; xii. Ensure timely settlement of Institution’s liabilities, checking and verifying payment vouchers;
- Ensure the proper collection, accounting, and reporting of Institution’s revenue;
- Perform weekly cash flow forecast and confirmation of bank balance before payments
- perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, finance/accounting, economics or related field of study from a recognized Institution
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or any other related field of study from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- CPA-K, ACCA or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Member of ICPAK or relevant professional body and in good standing – Proven minimum five (5) years relevant work experience
How to apply
Candidates interested in the above position are expected to obtain and submit with their application valid copies of clearance certificates from the following: Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Higher Educations Loans Board (HELB), Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC), Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) (certificate of good conduct) and Credit
Reference Bureau (CRB) during an interview.
If you meet the criteria outline above, please send your application and attached a detailed cv, copies of National Identity card and current payslip (certified copy), relevant copies of testimonials and certificates, your daytime contact, and contact of three (3) referees by close of business on Tuesday, 3rd August 2021 to;
NURSING COUNCIL OF KENYA
P O Box 20056-00200
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. NCK is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Youth, Women and Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Safety Tips: Never pay anyone for job application, test, or interview. A genuine employer will never ask you for the payment in any case. We restrict any endorsement that demands money and strictly advise against sharing personal or bank-related information.
Important parts of our site
If you’re just starting out, then we highly recommend that you check out the following areas of our site:
- Blazona Meditation -The Instant “Money Meditation” top marketers use to draw wealth to themselves. (top secrets revealed).
- Blazona Blog – The central place for all our recommended business ideas, money-making methods, and legit online jobs.
- Blazona Videos – New to online business? Watch these Assorted mentorship guides to keep you rolling.
- Blazona Forex trading 101 – Everything you need to know about successful forex trading.
- Blazona Deals – Exclusive discounts on products and services you may need to simplify your working.
We hope that you found this job alert helpful.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more smart methods to make money. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook. If you prefer receiving our updates through emails, then click here to join the Blazona email list.
Also, the fastest way to receive alerts on the latest online jobs and smart money-making opportunities from Blazona daily is by either clicking on the bell icon at the bottom right of this page and confirm the action or Joining our telegram channel @Blazona