Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 3 and above years
Location: Mandera, Kenya
Reports to: Nutrition Manager
Job Location: Rhamu- Mandera County
Available Slots: 2
Contract Details: One (1) Year Fixed Term Contract. Renewable Subject to Availability of Funds & Performance
but just before you scroll down to apply, ensure you do the following things first if you have never done them before:-
- Click on the bell icon on the bottom right of this page and confirm the action to receive new online job alerts in the very first person always.
- Join our telegram channel by clicking the blue-button above this page.
- If you find this article to be of great value, show love by sharing it on your social media accounts. To do this, click on any of the floating social media icons on this page.
- Finally, click here to join our email list and remember to ask a friend to also join our list.
Great, below are details of the advertised position. Read through to see details.
Rural Agency for Community Development and Assistance (RACIDA) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance self reliance and prosperity amongst vulnerable (Agro)-pastoralist communities living in Arid and Semi Arid Lands through promotion of better livelihood systems, sustainable use of natural resources and community empowerment. RACIDA began operations in Kenya in 2001 in the arid lands of Northern Kenya (Mandera and Wajir) and has since expanded its multi-sector operations throughout the region in Ethiopia (Liben zone) and Somalia (Gedo region). We seek to consistently implement highly integrated, contextually appropriate, community based programming. Our programs are part of a comprehensive strategy that sets local communities across the Mandera Triangle at the centre of their own development trajectory.
In order to fulfill its mandate and mission, RACIDA is looking for two (2) self-driven, professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team players to fill the positions of Nutrition Officers to be based in Mandera.
The incumbents, as part of the RACIDA program implementation team, will provide technical guidance as well as hands-on support to Mandera North, Mandera West ,Lafey Banissa and Mandera East Sub-County Health Management Teams to strengthen their capacity and skills in the implementation of High Impact Nutrition interventions (HINI) through the integrated health systems strengthening approach and work with community groups to build their resilience and strengthen their knowledge and capacity in health and nutrition services and appropriate child care taking.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Nutrition Project Manager to ensure integration and implementation of the Community Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM), and optimal Infant and Child Feeding (IYCF) component of the nutrition program in RACIDA supported health facilities.
- Provide technical support to MoH on delivery of High Impact Nutrition intervention components at health facilities and when need be outreach sites;
- Work with Mandera Ministry of Health (MMoH ) and other actors to implement work plans as agreed;
- Liaising closely with the sub-county health management teams (SCHMT) and Hospital Management Teams (HMT) to develop joint work plans and ensure MoH ownership and integration of the programme into the existing health systems;
- In partnership with the Sub-County Health Management Team (SCHMT) including the Sub County Medical Officer in charge of health (SCMOH), Sub County Public Health Nurse, Sub-County Nutrition Coordinator, Public Health Officers and the hospital nutritionist develop and implement monthly work plans for the target Sub-counties;
- Ensure programme quality control through implementation of monthly and quarterly M&E;
- Closely monitor the nutrition situation in the programme area;
- While working with the health facility nutritionist and the SCNO, support the rural health facilities to establish referral systems and create referral links for access to in-patient and other services beneficial to the beneficiaries not provided by the rural health facilities;
- Support with operationalizing of community Units and community mobilization activities; plan trainings, routinely engage Community Health Volunteers and Community Health Assistants;
- Support with documentation of the programme implementation process to generate lesson learning as well as case studies;
- Participate in coordination of and data collection for SMART and coverage surveys to assesses the nutrition situation of the target population;
- Writing of monthly reports and briefs as well as quarterly reports;
- Contribute significantly to the development of regular donor reports;
- Together with MOH and other actors involved in delivery of nutrition services in the Sub-County, conduct technical quality monitoring visits including joint support supervision visits;
- Ensure the community-based activities such as nutrition screening, nutrition education, and defaulter tracing are done properly
- Oversee and coordinate the implementation of MIYCN activities at the health facilities and at the community;
- Attend and adequately represent RACIDA in County meetings/fora as may be required as well as in layering with other actors;
- Participate and contribute as necessary towards RACIDA’s emergency response as and when necessary;
- Work closely with the MOH and other partners to ensure that all health facilities have adequate drug supplies in the MNCH and Nutrition service areas;
- A degree in Nutrition and Dietetics or in Nursing with solid experience/background in Nutrition. Strong clinical competence and knowledge of maternal and child health. (Masters in Public health or related field is an added advantage)
- At least five (3) years’ experience in Maternal and Child Health, WASH or community development programming with experience in health system strengthening in both a development and emergency context.
- An understanding of the context, prior experience working and/or living in any of the target counties is highly desirable
- Experience working with and through local partners in ASAL contexts
- Experience and knowledge of MOH systems, particularly at County level.
- Good understanding of cross cutting issues- gender, DRR, etc. and how to integrate them into public health and nutrition programmes.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and report writing skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams.
- Proficient in Computer applications
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Kiswahili**. Knowledge of and proficiency in local language is strongly preferred.**
How to Apply
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a CV and Cover Letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the email as ‘**Nutrition** Officer Kenya‘. The closing date for applications is 5th August ,2021.**
Each application must include at least three referees who can validate technical expertise. Telephone contacts must be submitted with the application.
RACIDA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Safety Tips: Never pay anyone for job application, test, or interview. A genuine employer will never ask you for the payment in any case. We restrict any endorsement that demands money and strictly advise against sharing personal or bank-related information.
Important parts of our site
If you’re just starting out, then we highly recommend that you check out the following areas of our site:
- Blazona Meditation -The Instant “Money Meditation” top marketers use to draw wealth to themselves. (top secrets revealed).
- Blazona Blog – The central place for all our recommended business ideas, money-making methods, and legit online jobs.
- Blazona Videos – New to online business? Watch these Assorted mentorship guides to keep you rolling.
- Blazona Forex trading 101 – Everything you need to know about successful forex trading.
- Blazona Deals – Exclusive discounts on products and services you may need to simplify your working.
We hope that you found this job alert helpful.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more smart methods to make money. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook. If you prefer receiving our updates through emails, then click here to join the Blazona email list.
Also, the fastest way to receive alerts on the latest online jobs and smart money-making opportunities from Blazona daily is by either clicking on the bell icon at the bottom right of this page and confirm the action or Joining our telegram channel @Blazona