NRC launched its first HR Shared Service Centre (the Centre) for global recruitment and international contract managment in November 2020 in Nairobi. By establishing the Centre, NRC aims at driving efficiency and quality of recruitment in support of all its offices and operations in more than 30 countries. The Centre covers a large functional scope comprising of five main areas: Attract, Search, Recruit, Vet and Contract, with the plan to expand into other HR areas. It is led by the Head of the Centre and consist of a team of expert recruiters and HR coordinators.
The Centre is governed by a cross-functional and cross-level steering committee. The day-to-day management of the Head of the Centre is delegated to the Global HR Director.
The position of Head of the Centre plays a lead role in stabilizing and developing the unit. As part of a new operating model for NRC, the Centre aims to establish globally standardized high quality services, securing economies of scale by concentration of skills and resources, as well as supporting equal accessibility to all parts of the organisation. The service is provided based on a cost recovery model with clear service level agreements. The focus of the Centre is the recruitment of top management and leaders, humanitarian specialists and advisory positions for country offices, regional offices, representative offices, globally mobile staff, and head office. These may be on national or international contracts. In addition, the Centre oversees international contracts administration and employment records.
but just before you scroll down to apply, ensure you do the following things first if you have never done them before:-
- Click on the bell icon on the bottom right of this page and confirm the action to receive new online job alerts in the very first person always.
- Join our telegram channel by clicking the blue-button above this page.
- If you find this article to be of great value, show love by sharing it on your social media accounts. To do this, click on any of the floating social media icons on this page.
- Finally, click here to join our email list and remember to ask a friend to also join our list.
Great, below are details of the advertised position. Read through to see details.
Our Ideal Candidate:
NRC is actively seeking an experienced and enthusiastic senior manager that will be leading NRC’s work in the Global Recruitment Centre.
They are a highly experienced recruitment professional with at least 5 years’ experience recruiting within an international context. They will bring an excellent understanding of unique challenges facing international recruitmentand proven success facilitating international hiring.
They will have useful experience with start-up and change management of a similar type of shared service HR centre as well as current knowledge of latest trends and technologies related to talent acquisition and management and employer branding.
We are particularly looking for an analytical thinker with a genuine motivation to provide the highest quality HR services to NRC’s global stakeholders. They will have the ability to handle high-pressure environments, can build trust and empower others, and work collaboratively and productively with stakeholders. Having a good sense of humour is, also, always a useful asset as is quick availability to join the team in Nairobi.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Head of the Centre is managing the overall operational excellence of the Centre, assuring the quality in the daily activities of the Centre’s staff, proper alignment of the staff, ensuring quick resolution of escalations and collaboration with Steering Committee and Global HR Director. Ensuring quality through regularly reviewing performance outcomes against SLA’s and KPIs, thus identifying trends and areas of opportunity or requiring facilitation of quality improvement initiatives. They will be responsible for:
- Responsible for developing the overall strategy and action plan for the Centre in line with overall HR strategic direction, including change management and monitoring of execution
- Conception and execution of the Centre approach in the organisation
- Responsible for further development and continuous improvement of the Centre and its processes (e.g. embedding lessons learnt in process improvements and organizational adjustments where necessary, involving the main stakeholders on regional level to gain input on improvement potentials, giving input towards stakeholders in order for them to improve their processes that involve services provided by the Centre)
- Work with the Global HR Director, Global Recruitment Process Owner, Global and Regional HR Teams to contribute to developing the global recruitment strategy and continuously develop the recruitment function in NRC
- Execution of strategic recruitment tasks (e.g. set up and execute on recruiting and employer branding strategy or establishing partnerships and alliances with schools/universities/external global talent pools, etc.)
- Oversee the process of international contract management, including international employment records and support in international payroll administration
- Develop and lead a high functioning team with a focus on operational discipline and enhancing the client experience
- Budget responsibilities for the Centre
- Establishing and cultivating strong relationships with (internal) clients and key stakeholders.
- Maintaining and ensuring the implementation of Service Level Agreements; setting standards for quality and ensuring the implementation of operational activities in accordance with standard procedures and guidelines
- Working closely with stakeholders and the recruitment team to monitor service level metrics to ensure that quality service targets are achieved
- Preparing and conducting regular Steering Committee meetings, reporting on risks, key performance indicators and proposed corrective action or new approaches
We welcome applications from all qualified international and Kenyan national candidates. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.
Starting Date: As soon as possible for this key position
Reports to: Director of Global HR
Supervision of: Team of Recruiters and HR Coordinators
Duty station: Nairobi
Travel: 10% – 15%
Duration: 24 months renewable
How to Apply
To apply please visit our careers centre at nrc.no/careers or use the link here.
Safety Tips: Never pay anyone for job application, test, or interview. A genuine employer will never ask you for the payment in any case. We restrict any endorsement that demands money and strictly advise against sharing personal or bank-related information.
Important parts of our site
If you’re just starting out, then we highly recommend that you check out the following areas of our site:
- Blazona Meditation -The Instant “Money Meditation” top marketers use to draw wealth to themselves. (top secrets revealed).
- Blazona Blog – The central place for all our recommended business ideas, money-making methods, and legit online jobs.
- Blazona Videos – New to online business? Watch these Assorted mentorship guides to keep you rolling.
- Blazona Forex trading 101 – Everything you need to know about successful forex trading.
- Blazona Deals – Exclusive discounts on products and services you may need to simplify your working.
We hope that you found this job alert helpful.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more smart methods to make money. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook. If you prefer receiving our updates through emails, then click here to join the Blazona email list.
Also, the fastest way to receive alerts on the latest online jobs and smart money-making opportunities from Blazona daily is by either clicking on the bell icon at the bottom right of this page and confirm the action or Joining our telegram channel @Blazona